Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Something I wrote a month ago, when I didn't have this blog...

(thought this would be okay to start with)

Title: I SUCK @ LIFE

story of my life:
scored a 1510 on the SATs, and the only school that accepted me was Boston University's College of Arts of Science -- due to self-sabatoge. (A third of my friends on FB are from BU; I hope they don't take this the wrong way... but seriously, i should have attended a tier one school, and everyone who knows me will agree with this.)
If I remember correctly, i think BU was my safety and Binghamton was like my super-safety.
I then got kicked out of BU (because i suck @ life).
... and then, instead of getting my shit together, i went to korea. why did i go to korea? because i suck @ life, that's why. this was another retarded decision (for oh-so-many reasons). when i came back to America, i still couldn't get my shit together.

... everything before this (and, to some extent, after this) has been pretty much the same thing in different form.

now, i am at Hofstra University studying Finance, and i work part-time. i have a 3.8 GPA, and i am on schedule to graduate next spring, but honestly, when i look at myself, I STILL SUCK @ LIFE, just not as much as i used to. e.g. My friend and I at the beginning of the year "planned" to launch our business by the end of the the year. It is now 6 months later, and we have made very little progress.

sometimes i like to think that i am from korea, and the reason i am graduating 2 years later than the standard 4 years in America is that i went to the Army for 2 years because it is mandatory for all korean males to do so... but why kid myself.

p.s. just wanted to write down how i felt.

*if you so happen to read this, please refrain from leaving cliche comments... because then not only will i be suffering from a brief stint of depression (which can sometimes be beneficial) but also from an extreme case of nausea.
and i know some of you will be overcome by an urge to leave a cliche JUST because i asked you not to; please fight that urge. damn 청개구리's (i wish they had a word/phrase/term for this in english).

No comments:

Post a Comment